- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 23 Jan 2023
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 18 weeks January to June
Applications are now closed.
Access to Electronic Engineering will equip you with knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles required to work in the electronics sector.
Successfully completing the course will allow you to progress to HNC Electronic Engineering. It will also provide the potential for you to be an attractive prospect for companies when applying for an engineering apprenticeship.
What will I learn?
The course content includes electrical and electronic engineering theory, plus extensive hands-on hardware and software work.
Electrical and Electronic Theory:
- Electrical / electronic principles
- Computer networks and cyber security
- Industry 4.0
Practical hands-on work:
- Software programming
- Electrical testing and measurement
- Fundamental electronics
- Electronic soldering and circuit assembly
- Build an engineering project
Entry requirements (minimum)
- A minimum of four National 4 qualifications, or equivalent, including Mathematics and a Science subject.
- We are happy to consider applications from those with relevant industrial experience in lieu of formal qualifications.
- You should provide detailed information on relevant life and employment experience within the personal statement in the application form, in addition to demonstrating a genuine interest in the subject.
- Please list on your application any qualifications you have already obtained, and when and where you obtained them.
Employer and industry links
Glasgow Clyde College work in partnership with many engineering employers and are seen as the engineering college of choice within the Greater Glasgow area. These partnerships provide opportunities for industrial visits, student placements and industry talks, as well as providing opportunities for students to progress to employment. Due to these excellent links the College is continually at the forefront of technological advances with continual investment in its state-of-the-art engineering facilities which provide students with a world-class learning experience.
Jobs and further study
If you successfully complete this course, it may be possible to progress to:
- HNC Electronics
- You will have the potential to apply for a modern apprenticeship within a variety of electronic industries.
When you apply:
- You will be invited to attend to the College from December onwards for an interview session based on your qualifications and/or experience. The interview session will involve a short one-to-one interview.
- A decision on whether you are successful or not will be based on your application and interview.
- Interview process should take no more than 30 minutes.
- All those who attend for interview will be informed of the Department's decision two to three weeks after their interview date. This notification will be by email.
- There are only four options – an Unconditional offer; a Conditional offer; unsuccessful application or you will be notified that you have been added to a short waiting list.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer of a place, you will be sent further information e.g. Student Funding, Joining Instructions, Kit List, Induction Date.