Introduction to Make-up Artistry (Level 5)
- Cardonald Campus
- Start Date
- 22 Aug 2022
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 18 weeks (August to January)
Courses starting in August 2023 will open for applications on Monday 16th January 2023.
This short full time Introduction to Make-up Artistry course provides an exciting introduction to prepare you for work in the beauty or make-up industry at a junior level or for entry to higher level courses. It offers a wide range of cosmetic application techniques designed to develop your artistic make-up flair. You will develop creative skills in the application of various make-up techniques and learn the basic skills in face and eye treatments and related subjects to NC level.
What will I learn?
You will develop skills in the application of facial, eye and make-up treatments including:
- Eye lash
- Eye brow treatments
- Various creative make-up skills.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before the course start date
- Three National 4s (including English), or equivalent qualifications; or
- NPA level 4
- VTCT Level 2 or 3 Complementary Therapies
- Mature students will be assessed at interview
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
There are opportunities to attend online training events/ and workshops with external training providers from prestigious companies such as Ishga skincare.
Work experience will be undertaken within Beauty with a Conscience on Battlefield Road, adjacent to the Langside Campus.
Jobs and further study
Successful completion of this course means you could move into jobs in the beauty industry or progress to other courses to develop your skills further.
- Employment in beauty salons, brow and lash salons,
- NQ Spa Therapist with Complementary Therapies (Level 6 and 7)
- Intro to Spa Therapies level 6
- Introduction to Make-up Artistry Level 6
- Advanced Nail Professional Level 6
- HNC/HND Beauty Therapy
- Progression onto other further education course
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
The personal statement is important, as is a strong interest in beauty, make-up and working with others.
Recruitment for this course will be as follows:
You will be invited to attend an information session, followed by an interview.
At this stage you will be given:
- information on the course content
- an interview
You must provide;
- photocopied proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you are still at school)
What happens next?
You will receive an email to let you know the outcome of the interview within 5 working days.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent information about joining instructions, timetable and bursary application which will be given to successful candidates via email after the interview.