PDA Administration of Medication
- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Flexible Learning
- 26 weeks Flexible Learning
The PDA Administration of Medication course offered at Glasgow Clyde College is aimed at individuals whose job role involves administering medication in social services and related settings.
Residential care workers, support workers, day care workers and personal assistants who are involved in administrating medication would benefit from completing this course.
What will I learn?
There will be a 2 hour Induction Session taking place at our Langside
Campus, 6 - 8pm (date to be advised). Please call the number below if you wish to make a booking and confirm your place.
- principles and procedures of medicine management
- legislation, regulation and local policies
- care standards and implications for practice
- recording and reporting care planning
- infection control measures
- dosage, routes and timing
- disposal of unused medicines
- consent and covert medication.
Entry requirements (minimum)
You should be actively involved in the administration of medication to individuals as part of your job role and function.