Gateway to Healthcare
- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 22 Aug 2022
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 18 weeks (August to January)
Are skills and qualification gaps stopping you achieving your career ambitions?
Gateway to Health Care is a short full-time course that focuses on achieving SCQF Level 4 qualifications in English, Health Care Sector subjects and wider core and meta-skills.
This course prepares you to progress into your vocational area of choice within the college, find employment or secure training.
What will I learn?
- SCQF Level 4 English qualification
- SCQF Level 4 Health Care sector qualifications
- Meta-skills for work and study
- SQA Level 4 Understanding industry
- Future-proofing for industry
- SQA Level Wellbeing Award
- SQA Level 4 Personal development: Working with others
- Preparing for success and further study
Entry requirements (minimum)
You will have an interview as part of the selection process which will concentrate on:
- Readiness to study towards SCQF Level 4 qualifications
- National 3, or equivalent in English and Numeracy
- If you don't have formal qualifications but have relevant life and/or work experience, you are also invited to apply
- An interview
A numeracy and communication aptitude test will be required if you cannot provide evidence of qualifications
Jobs and further study
You will be taught by vocational experts who will provide an insight into careers within the Health Care sector.
You will receive career information, advice and guidance to support progression and submit applications.
If you successfully complete this course, you are guaranteed an interview for progression to a January start course at Glasgow Clyde College.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply, you will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be by meeting minimum entry requirements, attending an interview and assessment of qualifications plus evidence of residency.
- Proof of qualifications and residency must be supplied before an offer can be made.
- Interviews will take place within 1 weeks of applying.
- You will be informed of the outcome of the interview within 2 working days. You will be contacted by email unless you have informed the interviewer of another method you would like to be contacted by.
- Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
- If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information on student funding, joining instructions and induction date.