- Cardonald Campus
- Start Date & time
- 26 Oct 2021 @ Tuesday, 19:00 - 21:00 (26/10 - 14/12)
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 8 weeks (1 eve per week)
Applications will open in January 2022.
Our songwriting course welcomes all, with or without musical experience. Perhaps you can't play an instrument but have an interest in singing and want to write your own songs? You'll be provided with a choice of instrumentals to which you can craft your songwriting skills. Anyone who wishes to bring their own instrument is welcomed and encouraged to do so.
What will I learn?
- Understand the fundamental elements of songwriting; harmony, lyrics, chords
- Melody & vocal techniques
- Writing in Major & Minor / chords
- Techniques to challenge your songwriting
- Analyse different genres of songs and understand music and lyrical techniques within different genres
- Compose and perform an original song.
Entry requirements (minimum)
An interest in songwriting however playing an instrument will be an advantage.