- Langside Campus
- Start Date
- 28 Aug 2023
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
If you’re considering a career in engineering, and in particular mechanical or manufacturing engineering, then this NC Manufacturing Engineering course can help you on your way. If you enjoy problem solving and are solution focused, wanting to know how things work, then you can become a great engineer. We have a renowned reputation for engineering with cutting edge technology and staff to support this.
What will I learn?
The course is designed to allow you to develop knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles of manufacturing. You will undertake SQA NC Units which will lead to the NC Manufacturing Engineering Award at SCQF Level 5 (G982 45).
The units include:
- Engineering materials
- Practical skills
- Engineering manufacturing processes
- Health and safety: Engineering
- Mathematics: Craft 1
- Communication engineering dimensional control
- Engineering material removal principles
- Engineering: Using Information Technology
- Mechanical engineering principles
- Graphical engineering communication
- Computer aided draughting (CAD) for engineers and bench skills.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Three National 5s, or equivalent, including maths and a science or a technical subject. Please note that Applications of Maths is not accepted
- If you don't have formal qualifications but you do have relevant life and/or work experience, you are also welcome to apply
Entry requirement equivalency table
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
Glasgow Clyde College work in partnership with the majority of engineering employers and are seen as the engineering college of choice within the Greater Glasgow area. These partnerships provide opportunities for industrial visits, student placements and industry talks as well as providing opportunities for students to progress into employment. Due to these excellent links the College is at the forefront of technological advances with continual investment in its engineering facilities, providing students with a world class learning experience.
Jobs and further study
If you're successful on this course, you could gain entry to the following courses at Glasgow Clyde College:
- NC Manufacturing Engineering (Level 6)
- HNC/D Manufacturing Engineering
- HNC/D Mechanical Engineering
Previous students have progressed to apprenticeships in the Mechanical, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Aerospace and Ship Building sectors.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
I've applied — what happens next?
When you apply
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example, details of student funding, joining instructions and induction date.
You will be invited to our open day where you can meet with the staff and existing students, you will also be given a tour of the campus.