This Access to Business Administration, Accounting and IT course is designed for those who are new to office administration and IT packages. It is also appropriate for those who would like to improve their basic skills. You will gain up-to-date skills needed to work in an office environment. You will learn how to use Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
What will I learn?
- Keyboarding and word processing
- Administrative practices
- Information Technology
- Financial skills for a small business
- Influences on business
- Communication in administration
- Customer care
- Presentation skills
There will also be an internally assessed exam as part of this course.
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a blended learning approach - which may include limited face-to-face learning on campus combined with remote learning off-campus and digital learning approaches. If and when delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place. If you require any support in learning digitally please inform the Course Leader or Student Support team.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Two National 4 level units, or equivalent
- Applications are invited from those without formal qualifications, but have relevant work/life experience
Employer and industry links
The College has employer links with a variety of organisations. As part of your course you may go on a trip to visit an organisation and/or guest speakers may be brought in. This is dependent on whether teaching is on campus.
Jobs and further study
- Various NQ Level 5 courses in Business, Administration, Finance and IT at Anniesland, Cardonald or Langside Campus
- If you wish to progress, you should gain a high grade in your exam and pass all units, as well as having an excellent acaemic reference and attendance
- This course will prepare you for administrative work in an office environmnet across a very wide range of industries.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and we will be in contact (remember to check your SPAM folder if you do not hear from us).
We will review your application, may request further information or there may be a telephone interview. Once a decision has been made you will be informed of the decision.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example Student Funding, Joining Instructions and Induction Date.