The Clyde Kitchen, 16-week programme, is designed for 16 – 24 year olds who are interested in a career in hospitality or events.
What will I learn?
The programme will develop the essentials skills required to successfully apply and progress onto a Modern Apprenticeship or NC/NQ college programme is this area.
This is a practical programme with the majority of learning being delivered in a training kitchen and busy college café.
A training allowance is available for travel and lunch.
Along with SQA units in Core Skills, Communications and Employability you will work towards the following units:
- Core Skills: Communication, numeracy and working with others
- Organisational skills for cookery
- Cookery skills, techniques and processes
- Café/customer service
- Assist with an event
- REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene.
Employer and industry links
You will complete a work placement. Previous work placements have included BBC Scotland and Hampden Stadium.
Jobs and further study
You may progress to a range of NC/NQ college programmes, Modern Apprenticeships, or employment.
Entry requirements (minimum)
You must be interested in a career in hospitality or events. There are no formal entry requirements but you must attend an interview for us to assess your suitability for the programme.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be by individual interview
- The interview process will consist of an interview followed by Core Skills Profiling
- Interviews will take place throughout the year. If you are unable to make the interview date and time allocated please call to reschedule.
- You will be informed of the outcome of the selection process within ten days of your interview.
Once an offer is received you must reply within ten working days or risk losing your place.
If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent information about joining instructions and an induction date.