The SQA Millinery course at Glasgow Clyde College provides an introduction to traditional and innovative techniques. You will learn the skills and knowledge required to produce a portfolio of millinery samples and a finished item.
What will I learn?
You will learn how to:
- work with a range of millinery materials
- block millinery materials using traditional wooden hat blocks
- apply hand embroidery and beading
- make flowers and trims through demonstrations and class workshops
- use of combs and attachments
- design and make hats/fascinators.
You will create a capsule collection which may be exhibited within the College and at external exhibitions and fashion shows.
This course has enabled previous students to start their own business.
This course is ideal for beginners with little or no millinery experience, will with an interest in hat making.
Entry requirements (minimum)
No formal entry requirements, just enthusiasm and an interest in learning hat making skills.