- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- 20 Aug 2020 @ 6 - 9pm
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- August to May
This Higher Photography class will develop your creativity and provide you with the opportunity to reflect upon and interpret the world around you. It covers basic camera techniques and digital imaging.
What will I learn?
- about the properties of light and image formation
- how to apply the camera controls and a range of photographic techniques and processes
- how to investigate and analyse the major historical, scientific, social and cultural factors influencing photographers and their work
- how to produce investigative research for photography and to plan, shoot, print and develop photographs
- how to explore and experiment with a range of photographic media, manipulation techniques and processes.
As part of the course there is a final exam and you must submit a practical project to SQA.
- how produce creative and technically proficient photographs effective manage and store photographic images
- how to critically evaluate your own work and the photographic work of others.
You will undertake a photographic research project in a creative and structured way and investigate a photographic theme, produce effective research material and evidence of the creative use of techniques.
There is an end of term exam for Higher Photography.
This course is eligible for SDS Individual Training Account (ITA) funding of up to £200 that can be used towards tuition fees. Please check on My World of Work www.myworldofwork.co.uk for further information.
Check out some examples from the 2018 Higher Photography evening class students in the gallery at the bottom of this page.
Congratulation for producing some excellent portfolio!
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Four Standard Grades, one of which should be Art and Design
- Applications are also welcome from those with no qualifications but who have appropriate life or work experience.