Drawing & Painting for Relaxation Beginners
- Anniesland Campus
- Start Date & time
- 20 Apr 2021 @ Tuesday, 19:00 - 21:00 (20/04-08/06)
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 8 weeks (1 eve per week)
Engaging in creative activity has been shown to aid relaxation and have positive effects on wellbeing.
This class gives beginners the time and space to develop their own artwork with tuition and guidance from an experienced art tutor in a relaxed and informal studio setting.
Students will be encouraged and supported to work at their own pace and explore their own creative ideas using the medium(s) of their choice. There will be short demonstrations and fun exercises as well as one to one guidance with time to work on individual projects.
Beginners will begin to build their knowledge and confidence using a variety of art materials and drawing and painting techniques.
What will I learn?
As this course is unstructured and tailored to each persons’ interests and abilities, there is no week to week course plan. Some of topics covered include:
- Introduction to line drawing and observational skills using graphite pencil
- Introducing shading to create three dimensional effects using graphite pencil or charcoal
- Looking at other types of mark making
- Introduction to portraiture
- Introduction to watercolours and a variety of experimental techniques
- Painting with acrylics
- Colour mixing
- Creating individual artworks with support from your tutor.
Entry requirements (minimum)
Please bring some cartridge paper (A3 or larger) to the first class.
Some materials are provided.
Tutor will discuss further items required as the course progresses depending on participants preferences.