Access to HND Business (January)
- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 1 Feb 2021
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 19 weeks February to June
Temporarily on hold due to volume of applications
The Access to HND Business course is designed for those who are progressing from a Level 5 course in administration or business. It is also an opportunity for those who wish to progress to HND Business. You will gain up-to-date skills needed to work in a business environment.
What will I learn?
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a blended learning approach - which may include limited face-to-face learning on campus combined with remote learning off-campus and digital learning approaches. If and when delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place. If you require any support in learning digitally please inform the Course Leader or Student Support team.
- Managing marketing operations
- IT solutions including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet
- Contract law
- Managing people and finance
- Understanding business
There will also be an internally assessed exam as part of this course.
Employer and industry links
The College has employer links with a variety of organisations. As part of your course you may go on a trip to visit an organisation and/or guest speakers may be brought in – depending if we are teaching on campus.
- HND Business at Cardonald, Langside or Anniesland Campus
If you wish to progress, you should gain a high grade in your exam and pass all units, as well as having an excellent academic reference and attendance.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Successful completion of NQ Level 5 business or admin, excellent attendance and excellent course review outcome or;
- Four National 5s at C or above (one of which should be English or equivalent)
- Applications are invited from those without formal qualifications, but who have relevant work/life experience
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and we will be in contact. (remember to check your SPAM folder if you do not hear from us)
We will review your application, may request further information or there may be a telephone interview. Once a decision has been made you will be informed of the decision.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example Student Funding, Joining Instructions and Induction Date.