Are you a Veteran or someone who has left the Services?
- We recognise the team working, problem solving and communication skills you have
- We know the training you have received in functional skills, physical resilience and team work
- We value you
But how do you get on to the next step?
We want to help you
Returning to education can sometimes seem scary, but Glasgow Clyde College offer a wide range of courses to support you to develop the skills and qualifications you need to get work or make your next steps into education. While studying with us, you will gain experience of a range of different activities to help you to gain confidence in your learning.
We will offer you a guaranteed interview if you state that you are a veteran or have been in the armed services in your application form. Please remember to tick this box.
What can I study?
Along with National 3 and 4 qualifications you will have the opportunity to complete vocational tasters, work experience and to run projects within college and the local community. You will develop the essential skills valued by employers.
What are my career options?
Successful completion of your course will guarantee progression into a higher level of study within Glasgow Clyde College. We will also help you to think about your career options to help you to progress after this course.
- FastTrack to Futures: an introductory course which offers English and Maths at Level 3 along with a range of practical and project based activities.
- Gateway to College – if you already have National 3 level qualifications in English and Maths, this is a National 4 based course and is focused on building the skills you need to progress to other areas of the College or to employment.
- Adult Return to Study – for those 18 or above, this course is aimed towards helping you to get back into learning and to develop your confidence in returning to study.