Pattern Drafting and Development - Beginners
This pattern drafting and development course at Glasgow Clyde College is ideal for beginners with little or no pattern cutting experience who would like to develop pattern cutting skills. It provides the basic skills and techniques required to carry out pattern drafting and development for a range of skirts and trousers.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- use various tools and equipment to produce industrial grade patterns
- take direct body measurements and relate them to given size charts
- develop a range of basic block patterns for skirts and trousers
- produce features such as waistbands, facings, pockets, dart manipulations, pleats and yokes.
On completion of this course, you'll achieve SQA National units:
- Garment Pattern Construction: an Introduction
- Pattern Construction: Waist Suspended Garments
This course is eligible for Individual Training Account (ITA) funding.
To find out more or to apply, visit myworldofwork.co.uk
Entry requirements (minimum)
This course has no formal entry requirements.
It is possible to progress onto the full-time NC/HND Fashion Technology/Design programme (subject to selection process).